Monday, October 29, 2007

Some Advice from Charlotte



Attention all of you Charlotte Moss fans- check out the Nov/Dec issue of Southern Accents. The magazine has a great interview with the design legend in which she dishes on designers who have inspired her (Tony Duquette and Renzo Mongiardino), favorite furniture styles, and holiday decoration. Moss also gives the reader great advice on how to live stylishly and graciously (something which in my opinion Moss has more than mastered).

I thought I would share a few of Moss' favorite fabrics, some of which are also favorites of mine. But the part I really love? Check out Moss' skirt in the photo above- it's a custom fabric that incorporates Moss' iconic pagoda motif!



"La Riviere Enchantee" by Pierre Frey


"Jardinieres and Citrus Trees" by de Gournay- a beautiful handpainted silk fabric


"Digby's Tent"- designed by Charlotte Moss for Brunschwig & Fils

Image at top: Charlotte Moss in her Manhattan shop. Photo courtesy of Southern Accents. Photographer: Brooke Slezak

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for the preview Jennifer! My copy hasn't arrived yet so now I'm really looking foward to it. Do love that skirt on Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney- There is a lot more to the interview, so I think you'll really enjoy it. The whole issue is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could see more of the skirt. Will pick up a copy when I am in the States next week. I always love the holiday issue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ronda- I know, I'd love to see more of her skirt. How clever is that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:17 AM

    Thanks for the preview. I'll have to pick up a copy soon. Maybe I should just subscribe! I was also wondering about the skirt. It looks like silk taffeta, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Designers should absolutely incorporate their fabrics into their wardrobe. What a great way to advertise. Can't wait to read this article.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMI- That's what it looks like to me, but am not positive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:22 AM

    I agree with B.A. - Designers should incorporate their textiles into their wardrobe. I once had a summer dress made from a wonderful Scalemandre fabric ...boy, I never got so many compliments in my life! I was a walking billboard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so want a skirt of our Issac Mizrahi's big floral! Charlotte's is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BA and MMI- I do agree. Do you remember that coat line that came out a few years ago- the coats were made from Scalamandre fabric? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the fabrics used in the living room- such a beautiful blue!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful pictures. I particularly love the room with the floor to ceiling bookcase, and tall wonderful windows.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Neutral- Me too! It's such a happy, vivid shade of blue.

    TTI- What a luxury to have such tall windows!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I can't wait to get this issue...I hate living on the west coast...we get our mags about 2-3 weeks late. Lovely images Jennifer and thanks for sharing!

    ~Kate

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kate- Hope you get yours very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am now "itching" to see the issue! Charlotte Moss is a name that is synonymous with beautiful, classic style. Karen Carroll has done a fabulous job with Southern Accents! Thank you, Jennifer, for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the preview, I'm not sure if that magazine is available here. I absolutely adore the de Gournay fabric - think I'd be a bit scared to even find out what that would cost per metre though...Charlott's pagoda design is gorgeous - is that also available through Brunschwig & Fils?

    ReplyDelete