Thursday, October 25, 2007

Empel Collections




I've always felt that lighting is one of the more important design components in a room. For me, it's as important as the furniture, fabric, and window treatments.

So it was with great excitement that I found the Empel Collections, a lighting line manufactured in the Netherlands. The line, designed by former interior designer Ron van Empel, is comprised of floor and table lamps, sconces, and chandeliers as well as chic shades and finials. Have a penchant for 1940s glamour? Perhaps you might like the lamps from the New Elegance Collection. Francophile? Check out the bouillotte lamps in the French Classics line. Have a sense of fun? What about the fuschia tole shade?

What I am so impressed with is the breadth of the collection. Whether the style is traditional or contemporary, the unifying factor of the different lines is that the lamps are chic, stylish, and timeless.

(Although located in the Netherlands, Ron has sold lamps for years to American customers. If you're interested in any of the lamps on the site, or if you are interested in a custom lamp, don't hesitate to contact Ron via his website. He is very friendly and accommodating.)



Murano pearls table lamp, The New Elegance Collection


Yellowstone III table lamp, The New Elegance Collection


Table lamps from the New Elegance Collection


Angelique small bouillotte table lamp, from the French Classics collection


"Francine" bouillotte lamp, French Classics collection


Acanthus flush mount fixture


"Clarckstown" hanging light


"Ancient Dolphin" sconce


A lamp made of marble dog figurines. This lamp is part of the LTD Collection which incorporates antique and vintage items.



Image at top: Set of vintage terracotta horses in malachite green, drip-glazed.

18 comments:

  1. Wow, okay...all these pieces are so extremely gorgeous. I just love that "Clarckstown" hanging light and most of all those Horse lamps. Thanks so much for sharing this co. with us.

    ~Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find Jennifer! These lamps are AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate and Ronda- So glad you like them. Ron is quite a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful lamps. I like what Jan SHowers says...that beautiful lamps are like the jewelry of a well designed room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer - always fun to see a great new resource - thanks for sharing these with us. You know I'm not a "pink" girl, but the broillette in the fuschia? Darling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:27 PM

    Consider me officially bedazzled. No more Maison Charles for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patricia- I think that's a snappy lamp and a snappy color too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anon- Perhaps this is the Maison Charles of the 21st c.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennifer: I absolutely adore the last lamp! That has to be the cutest thing ever! Just darling.

    Thanks - what a wonderful resource

    ReplyDelete
  10. The marble dog lamp is so Lady Mendl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, thanks for sharing. They are all pretty amazing. I love those malachite horses, and how cute are the small buillotte lamps - especially in fuschia pink!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful lamps. Lighting can make such a difference and what wonderful conversation pieces these lamps make.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the intro Jennifer. I really like those colorful bouillotte table lamps and the horses too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the lamps, both last post and this post!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this choice of wonderful lamps. I wouldn't know which one to choose

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love love the Yellowstone lamp! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Neutral- That's one of my favorites- there are other similar ones on the website too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yellowstone III-- oh my WORD! Are those crystals??? That's a lamp that I could really call my own.

    BTW: Is there any literature out there on the psychological roots of obsessions with lighting fixtures? Just wondering if I might need therapy for this affliction!

    ReplyDelete