Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Budget Living

A few ways to get the look for less (or at least slightly less!):


Luxe: Pair of vintage Mottahedeh urns available at Woodson & Rummerfield's


Budget: Tobacco Leaf Mottahedeh urn at Neiman Marcus


Luxe: "Arles" linen from Robert Kime


Budget: "Mengei" fabric from Buy Fabrics


Luxe: Large Burlwood Bowl from Mecox Gardens


Budget: Burlwood bowls from Anthropologie


Luxe: Jansen brass floor lamp, c. 1950s, from Steven Sclaroff


Budget: "Meurice" brass floor lamp from Jayson Home


Luxe: Chinese Wallpaper Panels from Drum & Company


Budget: Chinoiserie Silk Panels from Source Perrier


Luxe: "Grille Moderne" wallpaper by Studio Printworks


Budget: "Calligraphy Stripe" wallpaper from Ballard Designs

12 comments:

  1. Oh - I love the calligraphy stripe wallpaper! (I love the Arles linen too, but I'm trying to train myself to only covet things I can afford - I don't think it's going to work though, do you?)

    A Year in Marrakech

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah- I love that wallpaper too! And I don't think only loving things you can afford is going to work either! I bet it doesn't work for anyone else too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great finds! First off, I didn't know Ballard Designs sold wallpaper (I'm going to have to check their site out again)...second I love what you found as an alternative to the Robert Kime.

    ~Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate- I know; who would have thought that Ballard sells wallpaper? And I'm glad you like that fabric! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Tobacco Leaf design and the Burlwood bowls a fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great comparisions!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So clever and resourceful Jennifer! I especially love your Kime sub. BTW: I just added some needlework chinoiserie panels (spotted at Interiors Mkt) to that related post. They look like something you would like :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Ronda, Patricia, and Courtney!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this kind of comparison! Because my clients often can afford what I cannot, but that doesn't mean I don't crave it! It's nice to know one can get the "look" without breaking the bank!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those wallpaper panels are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post. Gee, this must have taken days to put together. It's so well done and thought out.


    Joni

    ReplyDelete