Monday, May 07, 2007

Tastemaker- Philip Gorrivan





In the new "Tastemakers" issue of House & Garden, designer Philip Gorrivan has garnered the new title "Cosmopolite" because of his ability to create luxurious and sophisticated interiors that are modern and fresh, a look that he achieves by throwing in some traditional pieces for good measure. Not one to shy away from color, Gorrivan punches up his interiors by using shots of bright, bold color. Pattern is also evident in his designs, especially China Sea's Saya Gata print, which Gorrivan has used in a few of his projects. Here are a few photos of his work that I found on his website.













(All photos courtesy of Philip Gorrivan)

6 comments:

  1. Love the hits of yellow, blue and acid green in what looks like a chocolate room (maybe it's graphite? charcoal?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Style Court- I need to reread the article in H&G- I believe it's aubergine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:51 PM

    LOVE Mr. Gorrivan! He isn't afraid to make "elegant" look "fun".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura- I couldn't agree with you more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the houndstooth/pink bedroom. Feminine yet chic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love Philip Gorrivan's work and I loved seeing some pictures of his work which I haven't seen before.
    XO
    Anna

    ReplyDelete