Monday, April 02, 2007

The Beautiful Home of Tory Burch





Last week I posted about chic closets and I included a photograph of Tory Burch's dressing room. The photo was taken from an article in Vogue (I'm sorry that I can't figure out which issue). A few readers have asked for more photos of Burch's Manhattan apartment, so here they are. The apartment was decorated by architect/decorator Daniel Romualdez, who, judging by the photos, is quite talented at creating a sophisticated but comfortable family home.





View of the drawing room leading into the dining room. The drawing room walls are covered in a moss green velvet. The dining room walls are lacquered orange. Note that the trim is painted faux-tortoise.


Another photo of the drawing room. Romualdez designed the sofa.


Another Romualdez designed sofa, which he calls an homage to Givenchy. 17th C. Dutch painting.


View of the library. The fabric on the sofa and chair is by Madeleine Castaing.


Photo at left of Burch's twin sons' room. Foyer, at right,with Gracie wallpaper.


Burch's bedroom with bed in Fortuny cotton lined in lilac taffeta. The walls were stenciled to match the Fortuny cotton.


Pale green and white kitchen at left. Closet/dressing room at right.

Image at top is of the Tory Burch store on Elizabeth Street in New York City.

(All images courtesy of Vogue magazine and were photographed by Francois Halard.)

14 comments:

  1. I think the feature might be from Vogue October 2004.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Style Court- Thanks for letting me know. I couldn't find the date anywhere on the pages I ripped from the mag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for featuring this Jennifer. I loved seeing her apartment. It was a real treat!!
    XO
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this article. I have been wanting to see it for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna,it is a great apartment, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, you're welcome! Sorry some of the photos are a bit blurry, but I haven't quite mastered the photo thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you have so many photos on this site that I've torn out, over the years, to hoard in my little "dream decorating" file... Tory Burch's apt. is one of the many I recognized from my dog-eared manila file. Those green velvet walls knock my socks off. Thanks so much for creating this blog, which I visit and revisit as I slowly decorate my house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. S.- Thanks for the kind words. It's so nice to know that we have such similar taste! My dream file is bulging at the seams and I think I need to upgrade to a file cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am still entrhalled with these pics. I am thinking about painting my kitchen a similar color of green. I would love it if you would do a post featuring favorite paint colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah, I love that color green, and I'm usually not a big green person. There's something about that particular green that is so sophisticated. Also, great idea for a post. Thanks for the fun suggestion! I'll work on that one over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous1:45 PM

    Oh, yes, please! I painted my front entrance a bright, high-gloss yellow in an attempt to mimic Mr. Spitzmiller's sunny living room but it didn't work as well as I'd hoped. So, please include on your list of favourite paint colours a daring, bold yellow! Thx. S.

    ReplyDelete
  12. S.- I will definitely include a bold yellow b/c it's a color I really like. I hope to post on it later this week. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous7:14 PM

    jennifer,
    I have to have that green couch of TB's. Do you think it would be hard to replicate? Thanks JK

    ReplyDelete
  14. JK- I LOVE that sofa too! The sofa itself looks somewhat basic- but it's that trim that really takes it over the top. So, I think it would be a matter of finding the right trim, and figuring out the cost. Let me know if you decide to replicate it!

    ReplyDelete