Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Breezy Blue and White









The blue and white color combination seems so right this time of year, especially when used in outdoor living areas, sunrooms, and really any room that opens onto a patio or garden. Mary McDonald is a master of this color scheme, and taking inspiration from this outdoor room that she did, I've found some blue and white pieces that are sure to add some "crisp tranquility" to any room.


"Notions" dining chair in Josef Frank's "La Plata" Fabric, from Anthropologie


"Walko" indoor/outdoor fabric by Pierre Frey


"Delft" cachepot from Tiffany & Co.


Blue and White Chinese Garden Seat from William Wayne & Co.


Mottahedeh Blue and White Tin Plates at William Wayne & Co.

8 comments:

  1. I love blue & white. I just put a couple of pix on my site. I collect the Blue Willow and Cornish ware and mix and match it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fairfax- I do love Blue Willow! I can't wait to see your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:47 PM

    I do adore the blue and white. It is so rich yet clean and crisp...What wonderful images! WOW!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new look of your site and of course love the Mary McDonald pics. Great mix of blue and white here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:06 PM

    I have had a blue and white love affair for all my life. You've inspired me to redo our porch when we open it in the late spring. All my blue willoware will hang on the walls and I'm finally going to paint the walls white and the floor black and white. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Vanessa and Style Court!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loretta, that sounds amazing! I know it will look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these pics from Mary McDonald's site which I first saw via Stylecourt. She does it so well! Classic blue and white always looks fabulous doesn't it. Love the new look of your site Jennifer! In particular your new heading!!

    ReplyDelete