Thursday, April 26, 2007

Hot Off The Presses- "Rooms To Inspire"



I just picked up my copy of Annie Kelly's "Rooms to Inspire: Decorating with America's Best Designers" and it's truly fantastic. If you're on the fence about getting it, I encourage you to go out and buy it! Although I have not yet had the chance to read the text, I can say that the photographs by Kelly's husband Tim Street-Porter are beautiful. There are a lot of big names in the book: Kelly Wearstler, Miles Redd, Muriel Brandolini, and Jonathan Adler. While many of the chapters focus on these decorators' homes (some of which we have already seen before), there are also chapters on colors, kitchens, and outdoor spaces, with examples from other decorators as well. I thought I would include just a few pictures because I don't want to spoil it for anyone. That said, there are so many gorgeous photographs that it was really hard to choose just three. If you've already gotten your copy, let me know what you think.



Home of Marian McEvoy


Suzanne Rheinstein's Los Angeles shop Hollyhock


Room by decorator Kerry Joyce

(All photos from "Rooms to Inspire")

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the preview! I don't have my copy yet. So glad to see Hollyhock is in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Style Court- I think you'll like it! Hope you get it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the chairs next to the staircase are to die for! Love those. Thanks for sharing a preview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delaney- Aren't those great? Marian McEvoy sure has a way with the glue-gun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy, a real "must have!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's on my Amazon wish list ~ thanks for the sneak peek!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just picked-up my copy. Of course I love it! Like you said, we have seen most of these homes before (quite a few are in other books of mine) but it's always fun to see a slightly different view of a room. And I do think this is the first time I've seen Miles Redd's townhouse in a book.

    Truly inspirational. Thanks again for the preview.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Style Court- great book! Haven't made it all the way through, but fun pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't Marian McEvoy also the queen of the shells? I think she wrote a book about shellwork.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fairfax- She wrote a book titled "Glue Gun Decor" in which she glue guns everything- shells, trim, etc. In fact, there is a picture of her shell encrusted bed in this book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will definately be ordering myself a copy of this! Thanks for showing it!
    XO
    Anna

    ReplyDelete