Thursday, January 04, 2007

Lovely Bedrooms

I'm a huge fan of prints of all types- stripes, geometrics, florals. I tend to avoid using too much of one print in one room. I think the result can look rather matchy-matchy. One room, however, where this does not hold true is the bedroom. I love bedrooms where the same print is used on walls, window treatments, beds, and upholstery. I think it can look quite smart.

World of Interiors recently featured Kate Spade's Upper East Side apartment. I was really taken with the guest bedroom. Spade chose to use Osborne & Little's "Rococo" toile to cover the walls and the bedspread. This toile packs a punch by being used on more than one surface. I also like that Spade upholstered the head and foot boards in a complementary apple green solid fabric. It really is a cozy room.



Chloe Sevigny and her decorator, David Cafiero, took this idea a step further (a big step!) in Sevigny's guest bedroom. Using Schumacher's Shangtu Floral, they covered walls, ceiling, bedcover, door, and desktop in this sophisticated floral print. By covering all surfaces (with the exception of the floor) with this one print, they really created a jewel box-like effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment