Monday, January 01, 2007

In Tents- Part 2: Richard Keith Langham does Palm Beach



Look at this chic little Palm Beach dining room done by Richard Keith Langham (featured in the Jan/Feb Southern Accents). Of course, the first thing that caught my eye was the tent awning on the ceiling (see my post from November 13 to see other interior tents). The soft pink and white strips contrast nicely against the pale blue walls. The same shade of pink is used in the drapes (I love the scroll work trim on the edges) as well as the coral and sea-horse sconces. The pelmet is the perfect crowning touch to the windows- notice the bells on either end of the pelmet. And although we've seen the Frances Elkins chairs used by many decorators, they really are perfect for this beach home. This room to me looks very "Dorothy Draper in Palm Beach"!

4 comments:

  1. i think kieth langham is so clever, this room in divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita- I agree! I wish his rooms were featured more often in magazines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for the lovely and inspiring photos. Now I know what piece to paint next in my "Chair" series...the Elkins chair! I think I will add it soon to my painting a day blog. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne- Truly an iconic chair. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete