Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hooray for Houlès









How gorgeous are these Houlès trimmings? Part of the Spring 2008 "Les Marquises" collection, the passementerie is reminiscent of 18th century embellishment. Although the line comes in twelve different colorways, I'm completely taken with this gorgeous, pearly shade of gray. Just look at the gimp, the fringe, the tassels... why you could create a mini-Versailles right in your own home.

Now, if your taste is a bit more simple and earthy, then don't you fret. Houlès has also introduced the "Natura" collection which was inspired by Mother Nature, truly the world's preeminent designer. Think earth tones, linens, and waxed cotton.






Finally, modernism and passementerie are not incompatible. If you don't believe me, look at the "Lounge" line. With simple, elegant designs in muted colors and metallics, you modernists can have your cake and eat it too!



10 comments:

  1. When my sister-in-law was doing her home in Charleston, her designer told her - cut corners other places if you want to, but get the Houles trim, your grandchildren will be recycling it. And the grey is oh-so-you - perfect for your fantasy room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia- The designer was absolutely right. Yes, it's a financial commitment, but it's well worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now these are the kind of trimmings that I like!!

    ~Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely exsquisite

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tassels in the top photographs are AMAZING. Really breathtaking. I am insane about any kind of passementerie. I just wish my cats didn't feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate and Mackenna- I know it! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aesthete- If I could, I would tassel and trim everything... but that would be way too over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. now these really are spectacular trimmings - and the curtains are lovely too in the first shots:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi ya - yes truly gorgeous.

    I posted today on something that is probably of interest to you. You may have already heard about this but somehow I "missed the memo".

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also love the curtains and the tassles in the first two photos. I'm totally with you on the Gray Jennifer. It's a color I'm very into myself. I had to smile when you wrote that it's a great way to have create a "mini-versaille" look. As always, wonderful post.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete