For those of us who are passionate about design (and I think that's most of us who read design-oriented blogs), it seems that we can't consume enough information about interior decoration, decorative arts, and most especially interior designers. That said, I am introducing a new feature today that I hope to bring to you from time to time. I've chosen to call it "My Favorite Things", and the idea is to have an interior designer list his or her ten favorite things. The "favorite things" can range from something decorative to one of life's little pleasures.
For the first featured designer, I chose Miles Redd, a decorator (and fellow native Atlantan!) who is taking the design world by storm. Miles' interiors are always chic and glamorous, yet they are also very comfortable. Miles (with the assistance of Nick Olsen) was kind enough to provide us with his ten favorite things, and as you can imagine, it's a stylish and inspiring list! Here it is, and I hope you enjoy it!
Miles Redd: My Favorite Things
1) Ice tinkling in a heavy crystal glass
2) Odd colored lacquered lamp shades, like Yves Klein blue and emerald green
3) Beginning a day with a BATH
5) Sleeping in on a snowy Sunday
6) The documentary "Signe Chanel"
7) Low upholstery and beds for sexy slink
8) The photographs of Bruce Weber and Richard Avedon
9) Furniture covered in sheets of mother of pearl
10) Painted patterned floors
(Photo above courtesy of New York Social Diary)