Monday, December 10, 2007

Homage to Tony Duquette




There has been a lot of buzz lately about the Tony Duquette-themed holiday windows at Bergdorf's (well deserved buzz, I might add). Well, a reader was kind enough to send me images of another Duquette inspired window display, this time at Downtown in Los Angeles. This exuberant homage to Duquette includes all sorts of fantastical and whimsical touches, not the least being "coral" made from red pipe cleaners (now why didn't I think of that?)! Created by Downtown partner David Serrano, this tribute truly captures the spirit of Duquette.







9 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:58 AM

    What gorgeous pictures - and *pipe* cleaners - that's positively inspired!

    Passementerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:07 PM

    I think Tony Duquette would have thoroughly approved of pipe-cleaner coral! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the whole display, but it was the pipe cleaner coral that really did it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How imaginitive! Thanks for sharing. I'm still waiting (patiently) for my copy of the book to arrive. I think amazon must be inundated with orders, they've pushed back the delivery date twice already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous place! This is on the top of my must visit list the next time I am in LA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:08 PM

    Peak: Yesterday I was listening to Sirius 112, Martha Stewart Living Radio. Chief Creative Officer Gael Towey was interviewing the designers of Bergdorf's fabulous Tony Duquette inspired windows. It was a very high tribute to Duquette.

    If you have not yet seen them, here is the url for the slideshow
    http://tinyurl.com/3yqply

    ReplyDelete
  8. Halcyon-Thank you! I have XM so I don't get Martha Radio :(
    Thanks for the link too!

    ReplyDelete