Monday, December 17, 2007

Gifts of Style for December 17




What about a painting by John Matthew Moore, a Southern artist who resides in Washington D.C.? A favorite of designers throughout the country, Moore's work is incredibly striking. I had the opportunity to meet Matthew at one of his shows recently, and not only is his work even more beautiful in person, but he is also one of the nicest people you will meet. If you're not ready to commit to a big piece, perhaps you might be interested in his prints that are available through Trowbridge Gallery. I'm partial to the silver leaf prints (below) myself. (Note: Trowbridge is to the trade only. If you're not a designer, get a "in the trade" friend to help you purchase one)

7 comments:

  1. I think so too Courtney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen Mr. Moore's work in a Georgetown gallery, as well as in several magazines. They are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne- I know! It was hard for me to choose which images to use :) So glad you're familiar with his work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:50 PM

    I'm proud to have two of Mr. Moore's pieces in my home. His technique is unbelievable. The detail in his work is absolutely beautiful. A very gifted artist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon- Lucky you! You're right- it's the detail that is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer - these are beautiful -thanks for the resource.

    ReplyDelete