Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Birdcages Part II




While I was searching for antique birdcages for yesterday's post, I came across a few wallpaper prints that incorporate aviaries. Some are drop-dead gorgeous, like the handpainted paper from Gracie, while others are a little cutesy (such as that from Thibaut). Just another way to add a little humor or a little beauty to one's walls!


"Cotillion" wallpaper from Tyler Hall


Handpainted scene by Gracie


"Birdcage" wallpaper from Thibaut

Image at top: "Birdcage Walk" wallpaper by Nina Campbell for Osborne and Little

11 comments:

  1. So glad to see you continue this post again. I love the Gracie scene esp., but they are all just so fun :)

    ~Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate- This will be the last of the birdcage posts! There are only so many directions in which you can take this! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more birdcage image for you before you leave this birdcage subject http://patriciagrayinc.blogspot.com/2007/07/think-pink.html
    Pink & ivory birdcage wallpaper Wandrlust

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:46 PM

    That top wallpaper is simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that Gracie! So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Gracie design, its stunning. I've seen the O&L design used in a project here in Hong Kong in a different colour, it looked amazing en masse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:15 PM

    I adore the subtle colours in the handpainted "Gracie" wallpaper. It would look great in my back livingroom. Whats it worth???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Lord in heaven. We are SO on the same page! I LOVE birdcages, chinoiserie AND bamboo. I am in the process of decorating a new (old) house. Please check out my blog and give me input on my decor! I have a couple postings asking for advice and I'd LOVE to have yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a breath of fresh air! sooo beautiful, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where is the first wallpaper from? I don't see a link for that one...

    ReplyDelete
  11. hpowell- It's a Nina Campbell paper from Osborne and Little. The link is at the very bottom of the post. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete