Thursday, July 12, 2007

1st dibs: Picks of the Week




This week's new additions to 1st dibs are particularly good- thirteen pages filled with an array of treasures. As usual, I fancy a majority of the goods, but here are my favorites of the week. Which ones do you like?


Pair of George III Diminutive Painted Cabinets on Stand, c. 1780-90, available at Le Trianon


Firescreen by Rene Drouet, 1940s


Pair of Tortoise shell glass lamps, 1960s, at Prime Gallery LLC


Pair of Maison Bagues lamps, circa 1960s.


American Painted Dressing Table, c. 1820-35, at Kuttner Antiques


"Beach Chair", French, c. 1920, at Hollyhock


Pair of French Chairs, 20th c., at Downtown Joe Nye New York

Image at top: Pair of framed hand-painted leather panels from an 18th c. screen, at Hollyhock

12 comments:

  1. Love your picks of the week...hard to choose a fav, but my eyes are drawn to the lovely red on the Maison Bagues lamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Tortoise shell lamps are smashing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GMG- Those Bagues lamps are pretty spectacular :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hollyhock panels are on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, how I love pairs. The cabinets (yellow and chinoiserie!) and the tortoise lamps are vying for 1 & 2 - but all great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:46 PM

    Another vote for the Maison Bagues lamps. They're just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:29 PM

    The fire screen is terrific! But, I have a thing for vintage garden items, so the garden chaise is enticing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Philip-I'm crazy for that chaise- I had to include it in my list! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the beach chair, but adore the tortoise lamps!!! Nice choices!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the chairs at the bottom...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to agree, those tortoiseshell lamps are amazing. I also love the Rene Drouet firescreen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11:55 AM

    My favorite is definitely the beach chair. Comfortable and shaded....almost as good as my sofa set!

    ReplyDelete