Friday, July 10, 2009

A Rare Opportunity




Frederick P. Victoria & Son is having its first warehouse sale, but don't think for a minute that the wares being offered are less than stellar. Most of the sale is made up of F.P. Victoria's models that remain from their former 55th St. location. These are models with pedigrees....


The Paley night table


A folding table that F.P. Victoria made for Jansen


The Mellon book table




A rope chair that was a favorite of both Michael Taylor and Robert Metzger.

Even better, you don't have to be in New York to take advantage of the sale. To see the sale inventory, visit their website.

(Image at top is a reproduction of an 18th c. Venetian armchair)

4 comments:

  1. Jennifer -- off subject, I really loved your trunk/luggage story in HB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd almost sell my soul for that rose covered chair that doesn't seem to have stopped growing. Great post, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that Louis book table! If only... Thanks for the great resource. I checked their website and found things to be less pricey than I expected bur just as beautiful and interesting as your images suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful, timeless objects...I wish that I could swing it, but not this month. Thanks for the info. and great photos. Love the green chair and the rope chair the best, I do believe that I'm drooling. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete