Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Vintage Books on One Kings Lane






Some of my very favorite gifts to give- and to receive, of course- are vintage and rare books. One of the first out of print books that was given to me was Christopher Petkanas' "Parish Hadley- Sixty Years of American Design". It was a birthday present from my parents, and it was one of the books that really got me hooked on design and, more importantly, my idol Mr. Hadley.

Perhaps this is why I'm so excited about my Tastemaker Tag Sale that will take place this evening on the website One Kings Lane. I'll be selling all kinds of vintage books including tomes on design, cooking, photography, fashion, gardening and jewelry. "The Givenchy Style" and "Horst Interiors" are just two of the titles that will be featured. The common thread that runs through all of my selections is that these are all titles that I either have in my own library or that I feel every library should have.

It will be a great opportunity to buy a few Christmas presents (for others or for you!) at really great prices. The online sale starts tonight at 9PM EST (6PM PT) on One Kings Lane. Click here for more information.

Here's a sneak peek of what will be included in the sale, but this is only the tip of the iceberg:

















10 comments:

  1. John J Tackett8:36 AM

    I am probably the only reader if your blog that has never even been to the One Kings Lane site. But Bunny W. told me she likes it, too, so your sale will be a good incentive to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun!! I'll be sure to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:52 PM

    Love Kings Lane...check it out every day!!! Great items at Great prices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. J --

    Your library is amazing. What a great opportunity to hunt for a special gift.

    C

    ReplyDelete
  6. I CAN NOT WAIT!!!! I am going to be obsessively clicking at 10 seconds to 9:00, in anticipation.

    And it's funny how many of those books I have!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Felt like I was right on the money and everything gone! Regretting Horst, but happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patricia- If I find another copy of Horst, it's yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love One Kings Lane and so glad it reminded me to come back and visit you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went to purchase decorating is fun for my NYC Hampshire House client, but alas they are all gone! I will be quicker next time. Congrats Jennifer, great selections!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete