Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Classic Entertaining




Truly, who sets a more beautiful table (or produces a more beautiful book) than Carolyne Roehm? In her 2001 book At Home with Carolyne Roehm, Roehm created lavish settings for seasonal parties with a few recipes thrown in for good measure. In the section on Summer entertaining, Roehm's tablesettings are heavy on the blue and white color combination- a classic look that is so appropriate at this time of year (although it would definitely work during other seasons as well). Here are just a few of her sophisticated and gorgeous creations.







16 comments:

  1. Ah, so refreshing, so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Can I come?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful settings...makes me want to host a party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Have you seen her book on parties? I think it was a 2006 publication... like these pictures, it really makes you want to pull up a chair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:57 PM

    Carolyn is me and my mother's favorite. Love her wrapping paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Style Court, Katie, and GMG! I love these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny- I don't yet have the Parties book, but I do want it to add to my Roehm book collection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Atl Social- Isn't her paper the best?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:43 PM

    Here is a woman with money and taste - not so common these days! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Her website is lovely also. Should you register there, you will receive her newsletter.

    teaorwine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tea or Wine- Thanks for the tip! I too love her website :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE Carolyne Roehm, LOVE Blue & White and I LOVE these images you have posted here today POC. As someone else said above - so refreshing - so crisp and just so classically beautiful!! I love a well set table and Carolyne Roehm's site is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gypsy- Yes, I wish I could create a table like these!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please see my blog for a mention of this fabulous post

    ReplyDelete