Thursday, September 18, 2014

Lecture in Memphis



And one more speaking engagement to announce...

On Saturday, October 11 at 2 pm, I will be speaking at the Memphis Brooks Museum of Art as part of the Decorative Arts Trust speaker series.  My lecture, which will focus on both my book and the history of classic design, will be followed by a book signing reception.

The Decorative Arts Trust is one of the country's leading decorative arts support groups, and in my opinion, one which should serve as an example for other like-minded museum support groups.  The group's success is due in large part to the enthusiasm and passion of its members, no small feat in an age when the decorative arts tend to take a back seat to contemporary art and photography, for example.

For more information on my lecture, or to learn more about the Decorative Arts Trust, please visit their website.



No comments:

Post a Comment