Thursday, September 25, 2014

Facing the Music


Don't ask me how I got on a roll with music motifs, but somehow, I did. I think that it was a glimpse of Mrs. Antenor Patino's music-themed table linen (seen above and below), which appeared in The New Tiffany Tablesettings, that led me down a rabbit hole filled with treble clefs, ledger lines, and notes. Although I don't have a musical bone in my body, I do like a musical motif, which, when used in attractive and not kitschy ways, can strike a note of elegant whimsy to whatever it adorns.

 Image above and at top: a beautifully set table by Mrs. Antenor Patino



 A music-themed buffet from the early 1960s.




A 1937 Elsa Schiaparelli dress, which was embroidered with musical notes.



"Moon River" china from Tiffany & Co., now discontinued.



Musical motif linen from Loretta Caponi.




It's difficult to see, but the trompe l'oeil design that graces the top of this Regency occasional table includes an illustration of sheet music.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:11 AM

    Delightful, charming. I'm showing this to my musical husband this evening. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer I cannot carry a note; however music, almost all music thrills me. If possible I would be at The Symphony or a musical production at least once a week! Wonderful musical themed finds above!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete