Friday, September 12, 2014

Greenville County Museum of Art's Antiques, Fine Art and Design Weekend



I am honored to be a featured speaker at this year's Antiques, Fine Art and Design Weekend, which is organized by the Greenville County Museum of Art in Greenville, South Carolina.  The show, which raises funds for the Art for Greenville campaign, will feature twenty-five antiques dealers from across the country, who will exhibit antique furniture, silver, porcelain, linens, folk art, and fine art.  The weekend will kick-off on Thursday, October 16 with a gala Preview Party, where benefactors will get the first look at dealer booths.  On Friday, October 17 at 11 am, noted decorator Richard Keith Langham will speak about how his Southern background has influenced his work for such illustrious clients as Jackie Onassis and Pat Buckley.  And then on Saturday, October 18 at 2 pm, I will be presenting my In with the Old lecture, in which I will discuss some of my favorite examples of classic design as well as a few of my favorite tastemakers,  (Marie Antoinette, Nan Kempner, Billy Baldwin, and Hubert de Givenchy are among those whom I profile.)

Now in its 29th year, the show is considered to be one of the South's premier antiques shows.  And not only that, it is supposed to be a great deal of fun, too.  I hope that you'll join me during my visit to Greenville.  For more information on the show, or to purchase lecture or Preview Party tickets, please visit their website.



Silver and porcelain, always popular in the South, are among the many antiques that will be on display at this year's show.

1 comment: