Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Regent Grand Hotel Bordeaux





I can't figure out why I've got such a bad case of wanderlust. Too much work, perhaps? Let's see, in the past month I've written about cooking school in England, a palace in India, and today, we're talking about Bordeaux...the Regent Grand Hotel Bordeaux, that is. I am so taken with the Jacques Garcia designed interiors, especially the rich colors, the abundant use of velvet, and the guest rooms' quirky headboards. It's a heady yet refined kind of maximalism of which Garcia is the master. It might seem odd to be thinking of decadent decorating during the dog days of summer, but if you ask me, there is no off-season for opulence.




It's the combination of colors in this suite that I'm taken with. That and the aubergine velvet sofa.




The perfect place to crash after drinking all of that amazing wine that you're sure to have.



The headboard has such an interesting shape.




This room has accents of black.




The trompe l'oeil wallpaper reminds me of that by Mauny.




Moss green velvet and bullion fringe in l'orangerie.





The lobby with...more velvet.

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I'm with you...too much work. These gorgeous pictures are a perfect Calgon break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Regent Grand is indeed gorgeous,
    and I must visit if but for a few days on my next jaunt to France where my comfort zone only finds me in my own area in the Luberon department

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathleen Luckard1:16 PM

    "...if you ask me, there is no off-season for opulence."

    I could not agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish that we could take a field trip there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ... simply beautiful! You're not alone in the wanderlust department, I've had the same problem! Happy Tuesday, sweets!

    Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou
    http://oohlafroufrou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the used of stripes...especially on the red velvet couch. Wanderlust is my middle name. Thank you for the perfect pause to my day...which is otherwise drowning in the mundane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and I are so on the same wavelength lately - I am just dying for a trip!! What a fabulous hotel!! Would go perfectly with a Bordeaux wine post!! If you have time, visit Jermaine over at French Kissed - she just wrote about another lovely French hotel that I think you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Margaret7:54 AM

    I love the gold dress laid on on the bed ready to be worn - like I'm about to enter the room and get ready for dinner and perhaps a night out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Work in your blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. The headboard looks great, the shape is phenomenal. The overall design of this hotel is as victorian as it can be.

    ReplyDelete