Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Border Prints are Back




I received my April issue of House Beautiful yesterday. It's a really terrific issue, but then again, I'm a little biased! One article that especially caught my eye was the Fabrics column that featured border prints. Just last month, I attended a Travers event at Ainsworth-Noah where Erin Finn, Travers' Design Director, also mentioned that border prints are making a comeback.

Border prints can be found in an array of styles ranging from traditional florals to ethnic prints and even geometrics. (Take a look above at that jazzy pink octagonal print from Designers Guild. It certainly makes a statement.) But the real beauty of border print fabric is that it's like two prints for the price of one. Use the border along the leading edge of curtain panels and you can forgo any additional trim. Border prints work well on pillows, too.

4 comments:

  1. I love border prints - especially on curtain panels and tablecloths... so much added umfph! Thanks so much for sharing - enjoy this Tuesday. Jalon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, Aren't those Travers prints gorgeous??!! I loved their presentation. The new collection is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info! I've been crazy for border prints since I was a kid--no joke! I'm so happy to have so many new choices for my latest project; a traditional, cozy farmhouse.

    I went nuts for a bunch of Brunschwig's latest. I missed that HB article and probably wouldn't have seen it if my Kravet rep hadn't posted this blog post on her Facebook. (God bless blogs!) I am calling my Travers rep right away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alexandra Rae, I think that you'll love the new border prints from Travers. They are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete