Friday, February 20, 2009

Bunny Williams and BeeLine Home



Everybody has been buzzing about Bunny Williams' new furniture collection, BeeLine Home. (And apologies for the bad pun!) I recently had the opportunity to meet with Bunny and her staff and see the line in person, and I promise you this is a fabulous collection!

First, the whole line has that Bunny Williams' flair. Each piece that I saw- whether it was a mirror, a table, a lamp- looked like a "found" object. The collection was inspired by both pieces in Bunny's own collection and objects that Bunny had been searching for. And one of Bunny's objectives was to provide a mix of modern and traditional pieces. After all, that's the way we live, and I think that's what makes Bunny's interiors so rich, so inviting, and so now (and yet so timeless too)!

The other thing that I shouldn't neglect to mention is the gorgeous finishes of the furniture. One of the reasons that I'm hesitant to buy new pieces is the lack of quality finishes- they either look cheap or too new. And that's definitely not the case with BeeLine Home. There were a few tables that I really thought were antiques...until Bunny pointed out that they were part of her new collection. I was pleasantly surprised.

The collection won't be available for sale until late March. But there's good news for all of you who are not in the trade. The line will be available to everyone at retail shops around the country, including Mrs. Howard, Hollyhock, Mecox, and others. Visit the website to see the entire collection and the retail locations. And if you can, try to see BeeLine Home in person. I really think you'll love it as much as I do.

Oh- and before I forget. These are limited edition pieces, meaning get them while you can. It also means we get to look forward to fresh, new additions in the future!


Hand carved wooden Garden Panel with gesso finish, reminiscent of a 1930s plaster panel.


Shadowbox Mirror, inspired by a mirror in Bunny's Connecticut home, has a mid-20th century feel to it.


This Nailhead Sofa is absolutely gorgeous in person. The combination of the nailhead trim, the curvy apron, and that rich olive cotton velvet is perfection! (The sofa is available in taupe and moss linen twill as well, or can be upholstered in the customer's own material.)


I think this Hourglass Table might be one of my favorite items in the entire collection. It's so glamorous.


This Chicken Feather Lamp is charming in person. And, the price is nice too- $500.


And as we all love Sister Parish (who was Bunny's former employer), I thought you'd like to see the Parish Cachepot, based on a pair of that were once owned by the late decorator. Now where else would you find something as charming as this?

16 comments:

  1. This really is a fabulous collection - I lust for the partners' desk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tristan- That's a GREAT desk! I want the whole collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:39 AM

    I was just looking at the chairs that you wrote about in this month's HB "The Best" last night. I think the entire collection is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. like I said, anyone with the name Bunny has got it goin on.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - I want that sofa! The apron style is really special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it all-the Nailhead Sofa is to die for. She and her husband John Rosselli have the most impeccable taste-I love his store in Georgetown near me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'd love to see it all in person. I have no idea where I'd find it in Canada, sadly. I have enjoyed reading her books, and she definitely has wonderful taste.

    I love the chicken feather lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sofa! I want it so much my stomach hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous line. Mrs. Howard is so excited to be carrying it. We will actually be hosting a celebration for the launch of Beeline in Atlanta on April 17. And guess who will be there - Bunny Williams herself! We will send you more details soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I do love that Garden Panel...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree that the partners desk is lustable (I am making up words now)
    I like the vanity tower sooo much as well. A perfect solution for hiding things.
    Bravo to Bunny Williams!
    Stylish-timeless and finally a collection that is affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the shadowbox mirror (my favourite) ... the nailhead sofa ... the hourglass table ... WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh that hourglass table.......!!!! I am swooning all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous3:24 PM

    The Nailhead Sofa was inspired by a wonderful model in distressed beautifully worn leather that was a highlight of the reception area in the offices of Bunny Williams Inc. when they moved to East 61st Street. So consider leather when placing your order!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The hourglass table is fantastic. I'm a San Francisco high-end antique dealer who also creates impeccable custom furnishings- and I've had a table like this made for a designer in New York, without the gilding.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love everything! The price point looks reasonable too! Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete