Thursday, March 15, 2007

Bookish Dining Rooms



I have longed admired the look of books in a dining room. The library/dining room combination is certainly nothing new, but I think it's a great way to create warmth in a dining room. On the flip side, it gives the book lover an additional room in which to store books. This room multi-functionality is perfect for apartment dwellers and for those with small homes. If you own a large home with a formal dining room, why not take a small den, turn it into a library, and then use it for informal or small dinner parties?



(image at top of Alex and Eliza Bolen's dining room; bottom image is James Andrew's dining room)

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:26 PM

    fun post! my dream is a round or octagonal dining room with bookcases all around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look of pictures hanging from the book shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that Eliza dining room in my file too :) Love those lacquered bookcases!! But the second pic was new to me -- great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post! I am a total Book fanatic, and would have them in every room, but I think in a Dining Room, they are reall quite special. Take a look at my last post on Bookshelves, that is a Dining Room too, you may llike that.

    ReplyDelete