Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Glamorous Imbibing

To me, no home is complete without a fully stocked bar (perhaps this is a result of my days attending a university known for its partying!). For those of you who do not have the space for a built-in bar, why not try a bar cart? The ultimate cart for me would be of the antique chrome and glass variety. Until I have found "it", I'm thinking of purchasing one from Restoration Hardware. The Hanover Bar Cart is rather glamorous and looks quite similar to those I've seen in the auction catalogues. I might even consider replacing the clear glass with smoked glass.




For one's bar accoutrements, decanters are a must. While cut-crystal decanters are great, I am partial to rather plain ones; plain does not, however, mean boring. Moss, one of my favorite design stores in New York, has a beautiful crystal one made by Lobmeyr of Austria. Part of the Ambassador series, it was designed in 1925. It is very simple and very chic.

And for sterling silver bar tools, Tiffany & Co. is really the ultimate. The Century ice strainer and muddler would add just the right Deco touch to the whole setup.

No comments:

Post a Comment