Thursday, October 26, 2006

Classic Room No. 1- Billy Baldwin

I had to share with you photos of one of my very favorite rooms- Billy Baldwin's living room.



I think the dark brown walls are so rich and are especially enhanced by the simple cream- colored slipcovers on the furniture. The Coromandel screen adds just the right dash of Chinoiserie flair. I am also a fan of the oil painting of the dogs which was displayed above his sofa (some of you may recall a spread that appeared in Elle Decor a few years back- it was the apartment of decorator James Andrew, who had bought this very same painting!). Of course, there are the classic Billy Baldwin brass bookshelves (first designed for Cole Porter, I believe) that, coupled with the right lighting, gave real warmth to the room. All in all, an example of decorating perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment