Thursday, July 02, 2015

Until Next Week...



I was planning to post this week, but considering that the internet seems to be a virtual ghost town because of the Fourth of July holiday, I'll wait until next week.

I do, however, want to bring to your attention a recent BBC article profiling Kinsey Marable, the man who, according to the BBC, "builds up private libraries, book by rare book."   In the article, you'll find excerpts from Marable's lists of recommended books for, say, a Guest Room Library or the Country House Library.  Suggested books include those by Beverley Nichols, Cecil Beaton, and Ludwig Bemelmans.

Whether you plan to play, relax, eat, or read your way though the holiday weekend, have a Happy Independence Day!


Image at top: Avenue in the Rain, Childe Hassam, 1917, the White House Collection.

5 comments:

  1. WIll look forward to reading those book lists. The most popular book in my Guest Room Library was Weekend Wodehouse (collection of short pieces and excerpts).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same to you Jennifer, enjoy the holiday weekend! Thank you for the link, I know I will enjoy it!!
    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Gallery Opening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Child Hassam is one of my favorite painters--thanks for starting me out on an internet search to relish his work over the week-end. Have a super 4th! xoxo Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. CharleAnne11:31 AM

    LOVE this painting! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marvelous Jennifer!
    Albert loved Kinsey and his shop
    See you soon I hope!
    Dean

    ReplyDelete