Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Catesby Engravings at Auction



I know that a few of you collect Catesby engravings, which is why I want to bring an upcoming auction to your attention.  This Saturday, Case Antiques of Knoxville will be auctioning off a pair of my family's Catesby prints (see above) as well as a wonderful boxed set of Catesby's Natural History of Carolina, Florida, and The Bahama Islands , which includes color plates and a bound catalogue. (It had been my plan to frame and hang many of the color plates from the boxed set, but sadly, I couldn't find the space in my home to do so.)

The auction takes place this Saturday, July 18 at 9 a.m. with live, phone, online, and absentee bidding possible.  For more information, please visit the Case Antiques website.




No comments:

Post a Comment