Tuesday, April 03, 2012

More Paolo Genta




After publishing my post on the work of Italian designer Paolo Genta, I received a surprise gift of the monograph on Paolo's work. I spent a few hours reading the book, and I really couldn't put it down. The photos of Paolo's interiors are absolutely smashing. Much of the work featured is more traditional in scope, though Paolo does appreciate a more modern aesthetic as well. Contemporary rooms do make appearances in the book, but for me, it's all about the beautifully lush rooms filled with sumptuous fabrics and antiques. And one thing that really struck me about his work is the number of rooms in which decoratively painted walls, ceilings, and doors appear.

The text is comprised of an interview with Paolo, and fortunately the interview is published in both Italian and English. It was interesting to learn more about this designer, his past, and his inspiration. But if you're someone who doesn't read the text in design books, not to worry. The photos will provide you with hours of enjoyment.

For more information on the book, visit the
Electa website (that's the book's publisher.) I was not able to find copies available on Amazon, but the book is for sale on Amazon UK as well as Abebooks. To learn more about Paolo Genta, visit his website.


























All photos from Paolo Genta, Electa, 2010;

4 comments:

  1. Delicious images. Thank you xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These interiors are so rich. Perfectly European. thanks. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous interiors ! Love the 'fullness'... adore the curved floral headboard and the garden pic. Thank You !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you all like his work too! I think that he is so talented.

    ReplyDelete