Friday, November 20, 2009

The Art of Entertaining




My apologies for being MIA, but I'm busy preparing for my talk tomorrow on "The Art of Entertaining" at the Atlanta Christmas House. Do come by if you have time! It starts at 2pm. For more information, click here. (You might also be interested in some of the other great lectures taking place there tomorrow.)

Now I must get back to My Way of Life, Joan Crawford's tome about what a perfect wife and hausfrau she was. You'll love her campy tips on entertaining!

8 comments:

  1. will you pass along Joan's tip to invited bearded poets to one's soirees? xo EEE

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEE- Why of course! And the best tip of all- practice being the hostess by walking around your empty living room and having imaginary conversations with guests!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Best of luck to you- I'm sure you'll be fabulous. Was hoping to be able to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:51 AM

    Exhibitionist supreme, Joan Crawford was, and I LOVE it!!! Especially the way, in the book, she takes herself with the utmost earnestness - a lifestyle long gone, but not forgotten.
    I mean really, the stars of Joan's era eclipse those of this era's by a million light years.

    This book is currently, considerably higher priced than when I bought it several years ago....if you have the chance to buy one now, DO IT!!
    WI Reader

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could have come to Atlanta to hear you speak and all of your wonderful ideas. The house looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck on your speech!!!!! yikes - I don't envy you!!! haha!!

    seriously I was just kidding you. I wish i was in Atlanta to come support you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. christmas house?? that sounds positively amazing. i am checking to see if NY has one. LOVE THAT!

    ReplyDelete