Tuesday, August 18, 2009

John Stefanidis Fabrics




I tend to troll the internet for fabrics far too often, and inevitably during these virtual fabric forays I visit John Stefanidis' website. I love his fabrics and would love to use them sometime, somewhere.

John recently added some new additions to his line; the fabrics are breezy, a little casual, and have just the right amount of the exotic. (And really, don't the names of the prints make you want to take a voyage to some far away place?) I wish that one of the Atlanta showrooms carried his line, but at least the line is represented in the States. Harbinger, the much buzzed about Los Angeles showroom, carries it as well as Monica James in Florida.


Zanzibar


Udaiphur in an earth tone


Udaiphur in blue


Scritch Scratch


Kuba

Fabric at top: Fanfare

10 comments:

  1. Love the paisleys, not so much the pink (she says squinting).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not looking at the colors as much as the designs. I am interested in symbols and wanted to incorporate ancient symbols of fertility in my garden. (I need all of the garden help I can get!) The checkerboard, the triangles, the meanders or wavy lines either represent water or fertility. As the world as gone global, I see more and more of these symbols reemerging in design. Consciously or unconsciously I think we return to these symbols as sources of comfort. I suppose it's what keeps us "jung."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kuba! I can think of about 5 places that I want to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love his fabrics and always have. Two of the chairs in my house are covered with a vintage JS fabric, which is so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them--I think I need to buy a beach house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting use of indian motifs and textures.I am in the process of designing my own collection of fabrics with similar motifs using brighter colors and attempting to reproduce a hand-blocked look, which I see he's achieved here.Very inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:03 AM

    Picturing a small bathroom wallpapered in Scritch Scratch.

    -pt

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow that pink packs a punch! lovely fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The prints and patterns of these fabrics are beautiful, it’s very neutral.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the zanzibar pattern

    ReplyDelete