Monday, February 18, 2008

Stefanidis Fabrics- Spring 2008




As I'm sure you've deduced by now, I'm absolutely taken with John Stefanidis' fabrics. The colors are so vivid; the designs so opulent and rich. And with such exotic pattern names, don't you feel like you've been transported back in time to Shanghai, Constantinople, or Venice?

I have so many favorites in the line, and I'm very anxious to use some of them soon for a project (hopefully for me!). Mr. Stefanidis has just added some new prints to the line for Spring 2008, so I thought I'd share them with you. Enjoy!



"Gonfaloniere" in cotton. A Gonfaloniere was a prestigious government post in Italy during the Renaissance. These distinguished citizens wore coats with elaborate embroidery which inspired this fabric design.


"Emma" in cotton; inspired by a 1730's English woven silk.


"Udaiphur" cotton fabric. I think this is one of my favorites.


"Fishbones" in cotton.


"Esrajim Stripe" in cotton sateen.

Image at top: One of my favorite Stefanidis rooms.

11 comments:

  1. These are great -of course I have my eye on the first, black and white, fabric. I'm not going to try and spell it - you know my limitations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia- I had to triple check my spelling on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Stefanidis fabrics - Caroline Webster at Stefanidis sent me some lovely samples a few months back. I hold their firm in the highest respect. Not only is his work amazing, but Caroline as his rep. couldn't be more kind, professional or accomodating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne- I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great red room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Courtney- I know; it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just checked out this website and I'm still whirling from happiness, design delight and inspiration! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie- I know! Stefanidis is a true master!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum,yum,YUM!There has gotta be somewhere around here where I could use that Udaiphur stuff.Ummm,is there a chic design phrase that corresponds to "eyes too big for your stomach"...something along the lines of "house too small for my fabric lust"?!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barbara- I feel your pain- there are SO MANY fabrics I want... but where will I use it all??!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's a favorite of mine too. Lucky you to use such wonderful fabrics (hopefully!)

    ReplyDelete