Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Fun Fabric




Brightly colored and boldly patterned fabric can make a drab room fab. Used sparingly, it can serve as an exclamation point to the overall decorative scheme of a room. One pattern that I've recently become taken with is Clarence House "Chine Copte", a colorful silk with a somewhat primitive looking peacock.

I first spotted the fabric in Nick Olsen's apartment, featured in last month's Domino. He used "Chine Copte" to upholster two vintage bamboo stools.


A few days later, I found the same fabric again, this time in Elle Decor (seen above). The fabric was featured in the Trend Alert column on ethnic prints.

I love the vivid colors against the red background, and the pattern adds a lot of wow. I would probably use it for cushions, a stool, or an ottoman. I think using it on a small scale would keep the pattern from overwhelming the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment