Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Palm Beach Entertaining




I do enjoy books on entertaining, and this fall there are quite a few new book releases that look intriguing. One that I just finished reading is Palm Beach Entertaining: Creating Occasions to Remember by Annie Falk. The book, a fun and zippy read, is filled with lush photographs of food and table settings, but what I appreciate even more are the recipes and tips provided by some of Palm Beach's leading hosts and hostesses. After all, those Palm Beach denizens really know how to throw a party.

With recipes like Vegetables Provençal, Cheese Grits, Chicken Hash, and Chocolate Bundt Cake, this book promotes a traditional yet comfortable style of entertaining right down to the Tiffany flatware and Blue Canton china. And really, I think that's how most of us entertain. Exotic and new is fun to try along the way, but inevitably, we always come back to the tried and true classics. I think that after reading this book, you'll find a few new ideas and dishes to add to your entertaining repertoire.




Lunch with the Ladies at the home of Victoria Amory. The menu included Blue Cheese and Caramelized Onion Tarts, Turkish Eggplant and Yogurt Salad, and Shrimp Skewers with Cumin and Honey.




Dinner in the Country at the Pine Creek Sporting Club home of Karin and Joe Luter. This menu featured Cornmeal-Crusted Quail and Wild Turkey Pot Pie.



The well-outfitted butler's pantry of Lars Bolander and Nadine Kalachnikoff.




Gathering at the Lake House with Talbott Maxey and Kit Pannill. Dishes include Roasted Caprese Salad and Ham Rolls.


All images used with express permission of the publisher. Copyright Palm Beach Entertaining: Creating Occasions to Remember by Annie Falk, Rizzoli New York, 2012.

7 comments:

  1. Greetings, I am glad to have stumbled upon your blog and I know I will enjoy it very much. Looking forward to catching up on your previous posts!!!Have a happy day, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fun!! Dying over Lars Bolander's pantry!! A tad better than my boxes in the basement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pantry is to die for! I would love to see what kind of china they have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:44 AM

    Love the folding chairs and how the flowers are woven through! The sporting club - is that Palm Beach?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the flowers in the folding chair as well!

      I'm not sure about the sporting club. I am assuming that it's somewhere near Palm Beach??

      Delete
  5. Adored the folding chair + woven flowers, too + grand idea. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm obsessed with books on entertaining! Wish I had a butler's pantry like that!

    ReplyDelete