Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Everything's Coming Up Roses!




Spring is here, the trees are in bloom, and flowers seem to be on my mind. Floral prints are everywhere at this time of year. To some, the floral motif can be a bit saccharine. The good news is that there seems to be a floral print for all tastes- traditional, contemporary, graphic, sophisticated, or casual. Here are a few objects, fabrics, and wallcoverings that just might make you rethink the flower.


Porthault Linens at Sue Fisher King, San Francisco


Floral Swirl Lamp at Gracious Home


"Ravello" wallpaper from Tyler Hall


"Astrid" Chair at Anthropologie


"Japanese Floral" print fabric by Florence Broadhurst at Signature Prints


"Oriental Flowers" china by Meissen at Table Art, Los Angeles


(Image at top-room with floral prints by Mary McDonald)

11 comments:

  1. It was 80 here yesterday after snowing last week, so the flowers are popping out! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great array of finds here! I see quite a few of my favorites like the Mary McDonald room with sofa covered in Raoul Textiles print, but the Oriental Flowers china pattern is new to me. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fairfax- It's 80+ here too, but the pollen count is 5000+! The whole city is yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Style Court- Thanks for mentioning Raoul Textiles. I couldn't remember who did that fabric- I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely collection... I adore Broadhurst's Japanese Floral print. So spring... and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terramia- I too like the Broadhurst print. Perhaps we should all read the new Broadhurst book when it comes out and have an online discussion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Post! I can't wait for summer, my front yard is already blooming with azaleas!
    But an omission? what about the mark cutler candles??!! lol you can see them at my blog, one of the first posts and a great addition to spring if I say so myself!
    Btw the Astrid chair is one of my favorite things on the planet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mark-Sorry! MAJOR oversight!!! The candles do look pretty fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can we get Mark's candles on the east coast?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the room at the top.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fairfax- good question. Mark's blog says that you can get them at a shop (can't remember the name)that I'm assuming is in LA? He does give a phone number, though.

    ReplyDelete