Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Remember This One?




Let's rehash an oldie but goodie- the New York apartment of Jeff Pfeifle, former president of J. Crew, and his partner Adam Mahr. I was reminded of the fabulous apartment, featured in the December 2006 issue of House & Garden, when I saw Pfeifle's photo on New York Social Diary the other day. Now, you might think that I was taken with the home because of the children of the house (see above), children who bear a striking resemblance to Alfie. Well, perhaps it swayed me a bit, but really, the home is downright chic. Starting with...



...the tented entryway. Did someone say tented? I think perhaps that's what hooked me.



Or perhaps it was the good old-fashioned dining room that is anything but old-fashioned.





The guest bedroom? Yep, like that one too.



And the telephone room? Why, it pushed me over the edge. Time to dial 9-1-1.


(All images from House & Garden, December 2006; Hugh Stewart photographer)

14 comments:

  1. I thought that was Alfie when I first landed on the page, all blurry-eyed this morning :)

    In love with the dark wall color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer,

    I just loved this house too. Have it bookmarked & saved. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all need a telephone room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this home too! It's gorgeous, and I'm obsessed with the telephone room-that chair...stunning

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the play on color in this home! Everything is beautiful. I love the zebra of course.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oldie but goodie is right! I want a telephone room. Divine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And the mini Plan de Paris over the bed in the guest room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. John J. Tackett9:46 AM

    Although clients for new houses are not asking for a Telephone Room these days, it is a very useful and civilized feature of many gracious homes I have renovated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I do remember this one, what a grand old space.
    The telephone room..... need you say anything more, hope they have unlimited minutes!
    Bravo!
    L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing.......touches of Tony Duquette toned with David Hicks. Of course, "the children" make it perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you brought this back! I love the fact that they use a pop of orange in almost every room! Great home!
    xoxo
    Lila Ferraro

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved this one, too, especially that blazer lining.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that telephone room kills me! the carpet, the shells, the garden stool, and of course the telephone-- too perfect. this is certainly one for the inspiration files.
    xx fallon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous2:50 AM

    Wonderful, and one I missed, so a double thank you! I see shades of Irvine and Fleming in this one, but I assume he did it himself? No decorator credit?

    ReplyDelete