Monday, December 21, 2009

Finally in the Christmas Spirit




You haven't seen many posts about the holidays around here because quite honestly, it snuck up on me. It dawned on me last week that Christmas is this Friday. Have I been out to lunch or what? But someone who has been in the Christmas spirit for a few weeks is my friend Bob Garner, owner of Fabulous Things in Atlanta. Thanks to the creative eyes of Bob and David Duckworth, the shop looks amazing with wreaths, bows, garlands, and trees everywhere.















Nothing to do with Christmas, but I adore this custom Pagoda lantern. Too fabulous.

A few weeks ago, Bob hosted a very festive Christmas party in the shop for family, friends, and clients. I have to share with you some photos of the dining table laden with food. To me, this is such a wonderful example of gracious entertaining. Bob prepared most of the food himself- favorites like cheese straws, sausage balls, and pimento cheese- and served it from his grandmother's silver trays and bowls. If you don't have Grandmother or Mother's silver, it doesn't mean you can't have an elegant gathering. The point is that when you make an effort, when thought and care have got into the food and the setting, when things look lovely, and when you have plenty of booze, a good time is sure to follow.










A display of famous (or infamous) Claxton fruitcakes.

If you see something you like (perhaps that Pagoda lantern?), contact Bob at (404) 350-0916 or fabthing@bellsouth.net. The wreaths you see above are now being offered at reduced prices and can be stored for use next year- much like the Claxton fruitcakes, which will taste the same whether you eat it today or a year from now.

14 comments:

  1. My goodness, wonderful decorated shop and what an abundance of food! Looks great in the silver trays!

    I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    Greet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I did not go all out with decor this year, looking at all of our sites and the images of the holidays has been wonderful....I have a new holiday greeting up! Visit when you have time....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That double wreath is astounding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! well now you need to catch up on gift shopping! i'd love for you and your readers to browse the honey gift files for all kinds of ideas you still have time to do!

    http://honeyliving.blogspot.com/search/label/honey%20gift%20files

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shop and what a PARTY. But that little chinoiserie lantern is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer,

    What a beautiful shop. I will put it on my list for my next Atlanta trip. Christmas has snuck up on me too. Happy Holidays.

    Gwen
    Ragland Hill Social

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely! i too love the chinoiserie lantern. hope you have a lovely holiday, although it looks as though you already are!

    xo katherine aka. urban flea :)
    http://www.urbanfleadesign.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutly wonderful!
    I love the lantern also.
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hullo Peak,
    Like you we are tardy in setting up for Christmas, and we have 75 for drinks on the 29th! All we've done is put up a wreath on the front door so far...
    This friday Christmas ting is for the birds!
    --Reggie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that's beautiful! I wish I could see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All that food is making me hungry :) Everything is so colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous3:25 PM

    You can buy ALL the silver plate trays you want at garage sales flee markets etc.!!1 They are really inexpensive!! Honest.

    ReplyDelete