Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Joe Nye New York




I had the chance to visit the showroom of Joe Nye New York last week, and I was not disappointed! There are so many great pieces there that I was ready to ship half of the store home to Atlanta. Many of the finds can be attributed to Joe himself, while others are courtesy of the guys from Downtown. (I mean really, is this not a winning combination? Joe is the walking embodiment of style with a capital "S", while David and Robert of Downtown know what's going to be hot eons before the rest of us do.)

What really caught my eye was a new line of hand-forged wrought iron and steel patio furniture that is being sold at JNNY. The chairs, benches, and tables (the large basket-shaped one doubles as a planter) are powder coated in a choice of sixteen different colors, although custom colors can be special ordered (all pieces are made here in the States). And they don't rust! To me, the furniture looks a bit Elsie de Wolfe with some Mathieu Mategot and Rene Prou thrown in for good measure. How neat are these shield-back chairs?





Here is just a sample of what was in the showroom last week. If you see anything of interest, I encourage you to contact Karen at the showroom. She is really knowledgeable and nice too! (Tel. 212-486-7551)














8 comments:

  1. I can see why you were ready to rent a truck! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia- Absolutely. I wish they'd set up shop down here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the hand-forged wrought iron and steel patio furniture! I would love to have it on our patio!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to take a couple of days off and want to head up to NYC. This will be on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:47 AM

    Karen is a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fairfax- You should definitely go! And like Anon said, Karen is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this a such a treat jennifer. i love the red!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing Jennifer! I adore Joe Nye's work. Gorgeous pieces! Next time in NY, this is a must hit on the list.

    ReplyDelete