Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pickett's Press




Last week, my friend Elizabeth Pyne of McMillen Inc. introduced me to Kate Pickett, owner of a letterpress stationery line called Pickett's Press. Elizabeth raved about Kate's stationery, and during the course of conversation, two more people approached us to share their praise of the line. Needless to say, as soon as I got back to the hotel that night, I visited the Pickett's Press website to see the stationery for myself.

There is a lot of letterpress stationery on the market today, but much of it isn't quite formal enough for me. What I like about Pickett's Press is that the designs resemble what one might see in more traditional engraved stationery, and yet the letterpress printing of it makes the stationery seem fresh. It's the best of both worlds.

The line includes boxed note cards and gift enclosure cards as well as place cards and fill-in invitations. I love using fill-in invitations for small cocktail and dinner parties, so it's nice to see that Kate has included these in her line. Custom letterpress stationery can also be designed. You could order change of address cards with an architectural rendering of your new house or personalized menu cards or...well, the sky's the limit.

Seeing that the holidays are just around the corner, I urge you to visit
the website to see the full range. I think that Pickett's Press is a great resource for social stationery during the holidays and the rest of the year too.


































5 comments:

  1. Do you know what your chances are for receiving hand written social correspondence in 2012? Let's just say slim to none for most of us. But let's hope things like this great stationary will inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to check it out. My plain ol'Crane's note card just arent doing it for me anymore but I want something sort of old-fashioned and traditional. Stores near me are hopeless for this sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hydrangea imprint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just took a peak at the website..love everything. How personal to receive a hand written note through snail mail. YEAH
    xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous and almost look vintage. Still love getting handwritten notes!

    Jamie Herzlinger

    ReplyDelete