Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Very Branca Holiday






Like it or not, the holidays are here (not to be a scrooge or anything, but I'm just really not ready for the onslaught). So, to help get us- and especially me- in the mood, let's look at how Branca the store has gotten into the Christmas spirit. Of course, Alessandra's signature red is woven throughout the store vignettes, and it's particularly festive at this time of year. And I am a sucker for a pretty Christmas tree, and this one looks especially nice surrounded by the antlers.

But what I'm really excited about are some of Branca's holiday items. The gifts are all very Branca looking,and the nice part is that they're not pricey. Oh, and with the exception of the pillar candle, they're unique to Branca too, so you're not going to find them everywhere. To order, call the store at 312-787-1017.


Branca Carpe Diem Agenda Book, available in black, brown, silver, and gold. Small- $40, Large -$75.


Branca Glass Balustrade Candleholder. $200


Branca Solid Beeswax Red Striped White Pillar. $40.


Branca Leather Partial Cover Flip Notepad. Small- $30; large- $50.


Red Goat Skin Leather Mini Credit Card Envelope, $40.


Large Hand Blown Clear Glass Suspension Radiometer Ornament, $170. The radiometer (that metal thing on the inside) reacts to light in the room, causing it to spin. And if you thought I knew what a radiometer was, then you don't know me very well! I had to have it explained to me, and I believe after the third go at it that I finally got it. But it is a very cool ornament, and sophisticated ornaments that actually do something are hard to find.

16 comments:

  1. $170? I just bought one yesterday for $20.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also really like the petite paisley chairs flanking the tree too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I needed this to help move me forward and to get me going with all that Christmas entails. Why does it have to be such a fuss? Oh well, Merry Christmas, anyway! Ha! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the red card-holder. That's what the red croc paper I bought looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful items! Only a few more days...you might as well just embrace it! It is all what you make of the "onslaught"!!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edi- I think you got a deal on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Courtney- Me too. Those chairs are the perfect size!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mimilee- I'm still trying to get it together for Christmas, but so far it ain't happening for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meg- I want some red croc paper too! I'd just keep it and not give it away so that I could just look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ivy Lane- So true! I just need to put it all in perspective :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh ,is that birchbark on the walls? so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. finallyl her web site is up. love the press section - great one. love when they put the pdf files online.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I should write down some articles on my christmas list.
    The paislay armchairs are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the gorgeous branca glass balustrade candleholder!

    have a wonderful thanksgiving, jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tahnk you Paul! And the very same to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun - I'm flying to Chicago tomorrow, weather permitting, and am planning a visit to this store. Now I'm even more excited about it.

    ReplyDelete